Containing General Legal Notice, Privacy Statement and Data File Description - effective of March 2013
GENERAL LEGAL NOTICE
2. Intellectual Property Rights
“Rapala”, “VMC”, “Blue Fox”, “Williamson”, “Luhr Jensen”, “Storm”, “Sufix” , “Mora Ice” and “Trigger X”, among many others respected Rapala VMC Corporation brands, are registered trademarks of the Rapala VMC Corporation or its subsidiaries or companies associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation.
“Rapala” logo or any other logos concerned, the corporate symbols as well as the registered and unregistered trademarks, brand names, product names and other possible intellectual property rights and intangible assets of Rapala VMC Corporation or its subsidiaries and/or companies associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation are exclusive property of Rapala VMC Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or associated companies.
Your access to these web sites cannot indirectly or otherwise be construed as conferring any licensing or other rights whatsoever to use any trademark or brand or any other intellectual property shown on these web sites without the prior written consent of the Rapala VMC Corporation.
3. Storage of information
Rapala VMC Corporation permits you to store on your computer and print extracts from these web sites, but only for your private use. Any commercial use is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Rapala VMC Corporation. The content of these web sites can be used for information purposes only and in a manner which is not harmful to the reputation of the Rapala VMC Corporation. Any of the information provided on these web sites may not be modified without the prior written consent of the Rapala VMC Corporation. These web sites may contain documents which may be subject to additional terms and conditions indicated in those documents. Your access of such document constitutes your acceptance of such possible additional terms and conditions.
4. Accuracy of information
All the available content of these web sites is provided “as is”.
RapalaVMC Corporation makes no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, in relation to the accessibility, correctness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, quality, reliability or content of the information on these web sites or attainable through them. Rapala VMC Corporation does not warrant that these web sites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Rapala VMC Corporation hereby reserves the right to change the pages or withdraw access to them at any time without separate announcement.
These web sites may provide links to other web sites not affiliated with Rapala VMC Corporation. Such links are provided only as a convenience to users of these web sites. Rapala VMC Corporation has not reviewed the web sites that may be linked to these web sites, and is not responsible for the content of any other web sites linked to these web sites. Linking to any other pages off these web sites is at your own risk.
5. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
Except as required by Finnish Law, Rapala VMC Corporation shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, lost profits or for business interruption arising out of the use of or inability to use these web sites, even if Rapala VMC Corporation has been advised of such damages.
Rapala VMC Corporation shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, delays or failures contained in relation to these web sites. Rapala VMC Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage that is caused by your reliance on any data or services contained in these web sites or data that the user has inputted into these web sites.
6. Submitting comments or materials
The Privacy Statement below explains how Rapala VMC Corporation will maintain and use any personally identifiable information obtained from your site visit(s) to these web sites. When submitting information or material (such as feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, orders, requests or the like) to Rapala VMC Corporation, for example by email or any other way via these web sites, you agree that:
- you shall not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, harassing or pornographic material or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or would otherwise violate the law;
- you will use reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other material contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material;
- in case you submit comments or material to these web sites, via email or otherwise through these web sites, you agree that you own the material or have the unlimited right to provide it to us, and Rapala VMC Corporation may publish the material and/or incorporate it or any concepts described in it in to Rapala VMC Corporation’s, or its subsidiaries’ and/or companies’ associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation, products without compensation, restrictions on use, acknowledgment of source, accountability or any liability; and
- you agree not to take any action against Rapala VMC Corporation or its subsidiaries and/or companies associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation in relation to the comments or material that you submit and you agree to indemnify and hold Rapala VMC Corporation or its subsidiaries and/or companies associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation harmless if any third party takes action against Rapala VMC Corporation or its subsidiaries and/or companies associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation in relation to the comments or material submitted by you.
Confidentiality of emails send in unprotected network cannot be guaranteed and therefore Rapala VMC Corporation is not bound to fulfill any requests expressed in emails send in unprotected network. Sending of confidential information in unprotected network should be avoided. Rapala VMC Corporation has right to send information by email to the user of these web sites on request of the user to the email address stated by the user. Rapala VMC Corporation shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of sending messages through unprotected network.
8. Applicable law
Rapala VMC Corporation is a public company registered in Finland. Finnish business ID: 1016238-8.
Registered Offices: Rapala VMC Corporation, Tehtaantie 2, FI-17200 Vääksy, Finland Tel: +358 3 883 920 Fax: +358 3 883 9500 E-mail: info(at)rapala.fi
Rapala VMC Corporation is committed to protecting your privacy and to comply with the applicable data protection and privacy laws. This Privacy Statement related to these web sites produced by Rapala VMC Corporation provides you with information on the processing of personal data by Rapala VMC Corporation and its employees, partners and/or affiliates in connection with these web sites.
We invite you to read this privacy statement carefully before accessing these web sites. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, we expect you to leave these web sites.
Rapala VMC Corporation seeks to develop these web sites on a continuous basis and this Privacy Statement may be updated to correspond with the current situation. Rapala VMC Corporation reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement and the Data File Description displayed below.
By providing your personal data through these web sites, you give your acceptance to the fact that such data will be handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Data File Description below.
At any given time you may annul your acceptance by contacting the person in charge of privacy matters in Rapala VMC Corporation. The contact details can be found from the Data File Description below. If you do not accept the described way according to which your personal data is handled then please do not provide your personal data to these web sites.
1. The users’ data protection and the security of the data
Rapala VMC Corporation processes your personal data in accordance with the Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999, as amended) and other applicable personal data legislation in force.
2. The goals of processing data
The goal in processing of personal data is to ensure as efficient and secure data processing as practicable. Moreover, Rapala VMC Corporation seeks to develop these web sites for a better quality and wider scope of services. Rapala VMC Corporation’s main goal is to produce cost efficient services recognizing your specific needs.
At times, Rapala VMC Corporation may place information on your computer to allow us to monitor the use of these web sites. This information is commonly known as “cookies”. Cookies provide Rapala VMC Corporation information on how and when you have used these web sites and it assists Rapala VMC Corporation to improve these web sites for a better service. A user of these web sites cannot be identified through the cookies. Cookies are today generally used on many web sites. If you do not wish to receive cookies, or want to be notified of when they are placed, you may set your web browser to do so, provided that such function is supported by your web browser. However, please note that some functions on these web sites may not work accordingly in case the cookies function is turned off.
4. Transfer of data
Rapala VMC Corporation will not transfer any personal data outside Rapala VMC Corporation or its partners, affiliates and subcontractors. Due to the technical and practical requirements of the processing some of the personal data may be located at the servers of subcontractors or processed by subcontractors, which have agreed to the data processing standards of Rapala VMC Corporation. Rapala VMC Corporation may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns, and other related web site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no personal data.
5. Mandatory disclosures
Rapala VMC Corporation can be obliged in accordance with some mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where Rapala VMC Corporation or its subsidiaries and/or companies associated with the Rapala VMC Corporation or third parties acting on behalf of Rapala VMC Corporation are operating. We may also disclose and/or otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable laws to defend the Rapala VMC Corporation’s legitimate interests, for instance, in civil or criminal proceedings.
If Rapala VMC Corporation decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
6. Contacting the Rapala VMC Corporation
You may at any time contact Rapala VMC Corporation to check that the personal data related to you is accurate. At your request, Rapala VMC Corporation will rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data. For contact details, please see the Data File Description below.
1. The controller of the files
Rapala VMC Corporation Tehtaantie 2 FI-17200 Vääksy, FINLAND Telephone: +358 3 883 920
2. The contact person responsible for file matters
In case any question arises with respect to privacy matters relating to Rapala VMC Corporation, please contact the person below.
Ms. Susanne Leppänen Rapala VMC Corporation Arabiankatu 12 FI-00560 Helsinki, FINLAND Telephone: +358 9 7562 540 Fax: +358 9 7562 5440
3. Name of the data file
Customer data register of the Rapala VMC Corporation global web site services.
4. The purpose for processing data
The goal is to process data for the:
- provision of this web site service and thereto related products to the customer;
- development and management of the customer relationships;
- development and management of this web site service and thereto related products;
- provision of the value added services related to this web site service and thereto related products;
- management of internal and external duties within Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors to the extent related to this web site service and thereto related products; and
- data mining and thereto related actions such as profiling of customer data for the above purposes of Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors.
5. The information contained in the data files
Rapala VMC Corporation takes reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and up-to-date and to delete out of date or otherwise incorrect or unnecessary personal data.
The following information may be included in the data files:
- personal data given by customer such as name, date of birth and contact information related to this web site service and thereto related products;
- cookie data related to the use of the customer of this web site service;
- log data related to the use of this web site service establishing the actions of the customer on this web site service, such as, location, time, and user preferences; or
- combinations of the above data in the form of customer profiles.
6. The regular sources of data
The following form part of the regular source of data:
- personal data provided by the user of this web site service;
- cookie information obtained from the client’s hard drive that is obtained by Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors;
- log data obtained by Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors by monitoring the use of the information system related to this web site service;
- entities within Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors providing services, products and value added services related to this web site service;
- entities within Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors providing logistic services such as billing, shipping etc.
7. The regular transfers and the transfer of data outside the EU and/or EEA
The personal data will be transferred to entities within Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors some of which are located outside the EU and the EEA for the purposes defined above. The personal data may also be transferred to the United States of America. Also some of the servers used for the provision of this web site service may be located outside the EU or the EEA.
8. The principles for protecting the data files
The data file is protected with passwords and the general principles of data protection related to the information systems of Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors such as firewalls. Only pre-designated employees of Rapala VMC Corporation, its partners, affiliates and subcontractors have access to the personal data contained in the data file. Any manual material is stored in locked facilities.
9. Right to inspect the information and other rights
Please see the Privacy Statement above for more information on your rights in relation to privacy. Principally everyone has a right to inspect the information on them that has been recorded to the register held by Rapala VMC Corporation. As for you to use the inspection right, Rapala VMC Corporation may have to request your contact details and such to verify your request. As stated in the Privacy Statement, you have a right to request Rapala VMC Corporation to rectify or erase any false personal data concerning you. Likewise you have a right to deny the use of your personal data for direct advertising. In case you want to use your inspection right, want to affect on the information recorded of you or want to deny the use of your personal data for direct advertising, please contact the contact person responsible for the file matters stated above.